Old 06-07-2012, 04:31 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvo View Post
Hi Nick, thanks for your insight.
I saw this link :

http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/w...ng+Transformer

Can I get an example of mapping over a different field? I understand you drag a field to the transformer from the message trees with type mapper but what do you actually type in the mapping tab?

Thanks.
When you drag a node from the inbound message into the step window, it automatically creates a Mapper step and populates the Mapping field with the necessary information. It also automatically creates a variable name, which you can choose to change.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Mirth Newb

tvo is on a distinguished road

Thanks, that was very useful and I will continue to explore mapping.

I have 1 other question, when I deploy the channel, in the output txt file the generated data keep on regenerating itself nonstop. How do I fix this so only 1 set of output are displayed? Thanks.

Using version 2.2.1.5861
Old 06-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Mirth Employee

Quote:
Thanks, that was very useful and I will continue to explore mapping.

I have 1 other question, when I deploy the channel, in the output txt file the generated data keep on regenerating itself nonstop. How do I fix this so only 1 set of output are displayed? Thanks.

Using version 2.2.1.5861
Do you mean that every time a message is received the output file is overwritten? You'll just need to change your output filename on the File Writer settings. SYSTIME is a good one to use, it's a POSIX+MS representation, so it's very unlikely for collisions to occur.

Nicholas Rupley
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Mirth Newb

Hi Nick, I mean when I deploy the channel the output txt keeps on repeating itself continuously. So basically 2 files are received (im using batch files) and the output txt has generated data from those two files but keeps on generating them again and again non stop.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Mirth Employee

Quote:
Hi Nick, I mean when I deploy the channel the output txt keeps on repeating itself continuously. So basically 2 files are received (im using batch files) and the output txt has generated data from those two files but keeps on generating them again and again non stop.
Can you post your channel here? That will make it much easier to troubleshoot. The text file you posted earlier isn't valid XML; did you copy/paste it from an internet browser or something? Just export the channel XML in the Channels window.

Anyway, since you're using a File Reader (that probably polls according to a given interval), it will read in the same files over and over again unless you delete them after processing. Select the "Yes" radio button next to "Delete File After Read" to do this.

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Mirth Newb

Hi Nick, you are right. The channel is reading the files over and over again.

But is there a way for Mirth to read the files only once and not have to delete the input files?

Thanks again for your help, I have attached the xml file now (I copy and pasted it before to a txt file).
Attached Files
File Type: xml ConvertingHL7.xml (7.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 06-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Mirth Employee

Quote:
Hi Nick, you are right. The channel is reading the files over and over again.

But is there a way for Mirth to read the files only once and not have to delete the input files?

Thanks again for your help, I have attached the xml file now (I copy and pasted it before to a txt file).
Yep, by using the "move to" directory instead, which will move the file to a different place after processing.

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Mirth Newb

Thank you sir, you have been a good help.

Tags
hl7 conversion