web stats
Hl7 file --> Json - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 11-05-2018, 05:01 AM
What's HL7?

loudhush is on a distinguished road
Default Hl7 file --> Json

My requirement is to take an hl7 message and turn it into Json to be consumed by WebAPI.

Mirth will be doing the majority of mapping, and then the WebAPI is in charge if persisting this information to the database

My current configuration is to take in HL7 data via a file, transform that input to variables, and then output those variables into JSON. It feels like I'm doing an extra step, but putting the data into a variable.

I was wondering if there is a way to take the hl7 data, and just directly put the PID information into the JSON output.

(Attempting to upload an image with a screenshot of my destination.)
Old 11-05-2018, 05:23 PM
Mirth Guru

agermano is on a distinguished road

I recommend you get the official user guide from the mirth downloads page. It answers a lot of questions about basic functionality of mirth.

The easiest way to do this is to use inbound and outbound templates in your transformer. The thing to remember when creating your outbound JSON template is that this should be a skeleton of your output, not a sample. Any values you place in the template should be considered default values, because they will be part of your output unless you delete or overwrite them.

Once you have your templates set up, on the Message Tree tab of your transformer, you can drag and drop values from hl7 to JSON, and it will create the corresponding Message Builder step for you.

Of course you could do it all in Javascript, too. These forums are full of examples of manipulating messages in the transformer with javascript.