web stats
MS SQL Express db hitting max size - Page 2 - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 02-12-2020, 12:33 PM
Mirth Newb

dforesman is on a distinguished road

Sorry, yeah the SQL versions would need to be the same or the destination would need to be a newer version.

Ive done the SQL backup/restore to the same version and I know it works from personal experience.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:53 AM
Mirth Newb

johnlhall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugito24 View Post
Hi there,

I was wondering if you couldnt just configure a new DB (putting all the table and data you already have), for example MySQL, that has way more space available than 10GB.

And Then just point Mirth to that new DB, and do the changes you need on the channels.
I'mo more than happy to do this I just need to know how to transfer all the existing channels,config and certs to the new database. Is there a guide for this somewhere.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:24 AM
Mirth Guru

agermano is on a distinguished road

You can export/import the entire mirth config, which includes all of your channels. Export your config from the current server, create a new mirth db on your production SQL instance. Point mirth to the new db, and it will recreate the tables for a fresh install, then import your config.

Messages are not included in the export, but it sounds like you don't care about those anyway. I think your mirth users will need to be manually reconfigured (or possibly migrated from the old db.)
Old Today, 06:32 AM
Mirth Newb

dforesman is on a distinguished road

agermano is correct, once you create a new DB and point Mirth to it, Mirth will take a couple secs/mins to start as it builds out the structure on the new DB (if you dont backup/restore).

You will need to login as admin and recreate users, that has been my experience.

Tags
database maintenance, migration;sql