web stats
Let us know how you're using Mirth! - Page 5 - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > General Discussion

Old 09-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Mirth Guru

mdehoog is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to mdehoog

We use Mirth to connect medical devices via HL7 to Hospital Information Systems. So save the output of these devices into the electronic patient dossiers. Already two installation with Doppler device established. Several to follow.

With Mirth Connect we are also able to process the PDF output of these devices.

For more info (sorry in dutch only) http://www.telemedicine-solutions.co...p/solutions/54
We are planning to implement DICOM also.

Last edited by mdehoog; 09-07-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Mirth Guru

appsbyaaron is on a distinguished road

One way we are using Mirth is to send emails out to field staff informing them of newly added facilities to our database so they can report to clients concerning progress of application to your system.

Once a day a channel looks at our database and sees if there has been any newly created facilities during the day. If there are then an email is sent to specific staff members which contains information about the facility. This channel was developed per user request and has been very helpful.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:47 AM
What's HL7?

BrissonJoe is on a distinguished road
Smile Supporting Health Information Exchanges

We are a start-up company using Mirth products to support health information exchanges in sharing patient data between hospitals, clinics, health plans, labs, government entities, and others. Our technical team is staffed by HITECH graduates from industries impacted by the economic downturn and trained in HL7, Mirth Connect, HIPAA, Scrum, etc.!

Our experience is that we had great success in rapidly building, testing, and reusing components to reduce the amount of time and consequently the cost of interface development. Thank you to those who contribute solutions to the forum as we are grateful for the opportunity to learn through your experience!
Old 03-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Mirth Newb

Tannenhof is on a distinguished road

dear friends,

thank you very much for giving us such a great tool!

the Evangelische Stiftung Tannenhof in Remscheid is a psychiatric hospital. we use mirth for several interface jobs e. g.
- forking inpatient-data(HL7) to several subsystems(HL7)
- outpatient data(DB) to lab(HL7)
- lab results(HL7) to outpatient system(LDT)
- ECG results(GDT and PDF) to HIS(DB)
- personnel accounting data(column oriented txt) to financial accounting system(even worse format)

actually we are doing a data-transfer job from our financial accounting system(csv) to SAP(SAP-format)

all this wouldn't be possible without mirth!

thanks a lot!

M.Aschauer
Old 03-23-2012, 04:12 AM
OBX.2 Kenobi

beefmon is on a distinguished road

About 2 years ago we upgraded our Meditech Magic HIS to Meditech Client Server 6.0 platform. During this time we implemented a interface engine and it was decided that we would use Mirth Connect.

We use Mirth Connect to send data in and out of Medtiech from outside vendor applications and have yet to find something that Mirth Connect can't do. I have over 80 channels deployed.

Here is a sample of some of our interfaces:

PACS - DR Systems
EKG System - GE Muse
CPACS - Syngo -
Pyxis MM
Pyxis Pharm
Outside transcription - Medquist
Outside Labs - ARUP & Esoterix
Internal ADT database
Internal RAD Orders database
etc

BTW - Mirth Connect Training and Mirth Support has been money well spent for us. Great instructor and the turnaround time on submitted support tickets have greatly exceeded my expectations.

Next up for us - Mirth Match
Old 05-02-2012, 08:55 AM
What's HL7?

Banana Republic is on a distinguished road

Hello All,
My name is Jack and new to the community. My company is in the development stage, we are planning to use Mirth and Layer 7 Secure Span Gateways in 18 segments for a world wide distribution.
This is a new project for the US Government and the protocol is HL7.
What I am looking at is this:
We have a number of new contract employees that are pushing WebSphere Express as an alternative to Mirth.
I prefer Mirth as it is very much in line with HL7 and works well with my XML GW's. It appears to be a an ideal match.
Not sure that WebSphere is such a good idea and looks as if it requires a Transformation Engine to properly handle HL7 data.
Any comments and or arguments that I can utilize against the move to WebSpehere would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:23 AM
What's HL7?

ulim is on a distinguished road
Post Migration to Mirth

Hi all,

we are a 1000+ bed hospital in Saxony, Germany and are migrating our current communication server e*Gate that manages the communication between 19 application systems step by step to mirth.

At this time there is a channel collecting HCM-messages from SAP and a transformer that transforms them into HL7-ADT-messages and delivers them to subsystems. Furthermore we are routing MDM, ORU and ORM messages between our major administration and clinical documentation system and subsystems like the PACS and so on.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Mirth Newb

joshillian is on a distinguished road

We are a small we-based, specialty EMR company and we have used Mirth for the past year and a half primarily to integrate with Practice Management Systems. Mirth makes it easy and inexpensive to maintain the interfaces needed to support these operations. Specifically, being able to use and monitor a variety of message transports, as well as the ability to easily create/update channels is a very compelling combination for our needs.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:33 PM
OBX.1 Kenobi

spencerr is on a distinguished road
Default How are you using Mirth

We have a pretty good open source solution.
We are using betterFORMS opensource XForms with Apache XML database eXist for new patients to fill out their medical history online. We are then able to import it into any gov't certified EMR as structured data via HL7 CCD. For the patients who would rather not have medical data online they fill out a pdf form we then transform that into XML and use Mirth to help us get it into shape and were back were we started and able to import the data into the EMR.
Thanks again for all your help

Mark
Old 04-26-2013, 06:10 AM
What's HL7?

hulu is on a distinguished road
Default how can I use mirth connect receive dicom data from dicom device

Who can help me?
I have a problem when I use mirth connect to receive dicom data and data structure ,because dicom device need to port 104 on the host that I have already installed mirth connect.
What should I do?
Can any other way to deal with this problem?