web stats
Mirth Connect 3.0.3.7171 and SSL Plugin - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 07-07-2015, 08:46 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

M@rthAdm is on a distinguished road
Default Mirth Connect 3.0.3.7171 and SSL Plugin

We recently upgraded to Mirth Connect 3.0.3.7171 and installed the SSL Plugin. However the Channel --> Connector Type wouldn't show HTTPS Listener / HTTPS Sender as it does on Mirth Connect 1.8. Restart of Mirth Connect and Reboot of the appliance as it instructed didn't help.
Is there any additional installs required?

Last edited by M@rthAdm; 07-07-2015 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Added HTTPS Sender
Old 07-08-2015, 05:05 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

Could someone help with this please?
Old 07-21-2015, 09:18 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

Default Mirth Connect 3.0.3.7171 and HTTPS Connector

Our organization is part of (Gold/Silver/Platinum) group and we were able to download the SSL Plugin and followed the steps on my initial post. But in regards to HTTPS connectors below seems to be the solution (from MirthApplianceDeploy guide 3.8.0). Let me know if there is a different approach..

To receive HL7 messages via HTTPS, first you would create an HTTP listener as the source
connector. Next, you would create an inbound SSL tunnel. Choose an arbitrary source port (we
recommend 9000-9999), and set the destination port to match the listener port. Communicate the
port you chose to the message sender to use as their destination.

In order to send HL7 messages over HTTPS, first you would create an outbound SSL tunnel.
Choose an arbitrary source port (we recommend 9000-9999), and then supply the destination host
and port of the recipient. Next, you would create an HTTP sender destination using a URL in the
form of http://localhost:<port> where <port> is replaced with the source port you chose for your SSL
tunnel.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:59 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

In the future, make sure to create a help desk ticket for things like this, since you are on support. That will ensure that we help you out in a timely fashion.

Anyway the first thing I would say is to look into upgrading. In 3.1 we made some massive improvements to the SSL Manager. You can view the demo we did on it here: https://www.mirth.com/Client-Portal#developerqa/73

In 3.0.3 or earlier, the SSL Manager worked by assigning keystores to specific source/destination connectors. So for example you can create a keystore and include your server's public/private keypair inside, then assign it to an HTTP Listener connector. Then that connector will be using HTTPS, even if the connector name still says "HTTP".

Similarly, you can assign a keystore to a HTTP Sender to enable dispatching via HTTPS. On the sender side you don't necessarily need to put anything in the keystore unless you are doing mutual authentication, but any server/root certs that you want to trust should be put in the system-wide truststore (set in mirth.properties).

There is a User Guide for the pre-3.1 SSL Manager, so ask help desk for a copy if you don't already have one.

In 3.1 or later, the SSL Manager has been completely redesigned. It's no longer keystore-based, but instead based on certificate management. Everything can also be set directly from the connector settings, instead of having to go to the global settings view. The connectors also show "HTTPS" or "SSL Configured" to clearly reflect that SSL/TLS is being used. It also supports Web Service and FTP connectors too, instead of just HTTP. There are other advanced features you can set as well. There's also a user guide for it, and an upgrade guide for switching from the pre-3.1 version to the new version.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:43 PM
OBX.1 Kenobi

Default Mirth Connect 3.0.3.7171 and SSL Plugin

narupley, appreciate the details on how this can be approached and as always this points to the right direction. Thank you!
Regarding considering MC 3.1, to replace our Physical Mirth Appliance 3.1.1 with MC 1.8.1, Mirth provided VM template 3.8.0 came with MC 3.0.3
Old 07-22-2015, 01:26 PM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@rthAdm View Post
narupley, appreciate the details on how this can be approached and as always this points to the right direction. Thank you!
Regarding considering MC 3.1, to replace our Physical Mirth Appliance 3.1.1 with MC 1.8.1, Mirth provided VM template 3.8.0 came with MC 3.0.3
Assuming you're on a support contract, you should be able to connect via SupportNet and download software updates, including the latest Mirth Connect versions. Defer to help desk though if you're having problems with that, and they'll get you sorted out.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:36 PM
OBX.1 Kenobi

ryanallen is on a distinguished road

I am having the same dilemma now. Our company is subscribed to Gold Support which allows us to download SSL plugin. However, the appliance itself is not under support contract and the Mirth Connect version is 3.0. Will Plugin work?
Or how can I upgrade mirth connect to at least 3.1 (it is in 3.0 now) so I can have at least a somehow familiar UI in configuring SSL webservice sender.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:05 PM
Mirth Employee

marvinp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanallen View Post
I am having the same dilemma now. Our company is subscribed to Gold Support which allows us to download SSL plugin. However, the appliance itself is not under support contract and the Mirth Connect version is 3.0. Will Plugin work?
Or how can I upgrade mirth connect to at least 3.1 (it is in 3.0 now) so I can have at least a somehow familiar UI in configuring SSL webservice sender.
Hi @ryanallen -- I just sent you a private message and feel free to contact me (details below). As you have a commercial support license in place, it would be best to open up a support ticket. Our help desk and account management team can provide direct assistance relative to your license status and unsupported appliances.

Thanks,

Marvin Pascua
Manager, Sales - Connected Health
mpascua@nextgen.com