web stats
Channels not reconizing code template changes - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 02-28-2018, 01:39 PM
What's HL7?

jboggs is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Channels not reconizing code template changes

We have some of our code templates log out its version number to make sure every client is running correctly. lately the channels have not been noticing the code template changes we have been making. Our code template, Hosted_select, makes database calls and is set to version 3.3. After making a change and setting the version to 3.4. I redeployed one of our clients to make sure the change was working correctly, However the client is still logging version 3.3. There are about 100 clients running currently all accessing this code template. Is there any way that the update is being blocked by channels that are currently running on the older version and have not been redeployed?

I have verified that the code template is saved and I am certain it is being called. But no changes I make seem to be reflected, no matter how many times I redeploy the channel. We only have one copy of the template so I know it is not calling a different function. The revision column for the client I redeployed is no longer highlighted as the rest are. Has anyone ever experienced something like this? Does anyone know of a way to flush the memory to force the channels to use the new version?
Old 02-28-2018, 02:17 PM
Mirth Guru

kirbykn2 is on a distinguished road

Has this setup worked in the past? Did you change versions from 3.2 to 3.3 and it worked as expected?

Mirth Certified|Epic Bridges Certified|Cloverleaf Level 2 Certified

Appliance Version 3.11.2
Mirth Connect Version 3.6.1
Java Version 1.6.0_45-b06
Java (64 bit) Version 1.6.0_45-b06
Java 7 (64 bit) Version 1.7.0_151-b15
Java 8 (64 bit) Version 1.8.0_121-b13
PostgreSQL Version 9.6.3
Old 03-01-2018, 06:15 AM
What's HL7?

jboggs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbykn2 View Post
Has this setup worked in the past? Did you change versions from 3.2 to 3.3 and it worked as expected?
It works intermittently. We have been unable to see a pattern in when it does or does not work.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:00 AM
Mirth Newb

JohnHD is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

I have always followed the practice that when I make a code template change, I redeploy all the dependent channels to have the change "take".

This may just be a holdover on my part from older MC, or even just a superstition, but that would explain why you're seeing inconsistent logging- some channels are using the old version because they haven't been redeployed and others are using the new.

Is it possible to try this?

Also, tell me this- this variable, you don't happen to be keeping it in the *global*ChannelMap do you?

If so I'm thinking there's a possible interaction with the "clear global channel map on deploy" on some of these channels' source connector.

JHD

www.consultzen.com

Last edited by JohnHD; 03-01-2018 at 08:07 AM.

Tags
code template, javascript changes, reconizing, redeploy, template