web stats
Question about FTP source connector and .ack files - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 08-26-2019, 11:41 PM
Mirth Guru

neotof is on a distinguished road
Default Question about FTP source connector and .ack files

Hello,

I have a "File Reader" connector with the FTP method for recover HL7 on AS400.

The as400 creates a .txt file and then a .ack.

We suspect that rarely mirth takes the .txt file before the .ack file, is it possible? How can I check?

How does Mirth handle .ack files? I do not find them in the dashboard of my channel

See print screen (FileReader_FTP.png)

Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: png FileReader_FTP.png (32.3 KB, 12 views)
Old 09-04-2019, 11:23 AM
Mirth Guru

Nobody to help me?
Old 09-05-2019, 05:41 PM
Mirth Guru

agermano is on a distinguished road

I don't understand the workflow. What are the .ack files for? Your File Reader is set to read all files in the directory, which includes the .ack files, but it's up to you to handle them. Every file that is read in by the File Reader will become a message for your channel.

The order they are read is determined by the "Sort Files By" property of your File Reader. You don't include this value in your screenshot, but it defaults to Date. It's possible that the precision isn't high enough using ftp and you end up with multiple files with the same modified date. I'm not sure if any particular order is guaranteed in that case for the files with the same timestamp.

The files should show up in your message viewer as long as your channel's storage settings aren't configured to remove them. Another unlikely cause for you to not see them is if there is a custom batch script that is intentionally (or unintentionally) dropping them.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:04 AM
Mirth Guru

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, I do not have a script in my source and I do not see the ack files in the display of messages.

I put an additional screenshot

I thought Mirth was automatically managing the ack

My question: why do not I see my ack
Attached Images
File Type: png capture.png (36.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-09-2019, 08:03 AM
Mirth Guru

agermano is on a distinguished road

If you set up a new File Reader from scratch and give it a file filter pattern of *, it will download all files in the directory, and you will see each one in the message viewer. An exception in this case, because you have "Ignore . files" enabled, it will skip any files with names that start with a period. If it skips them in this way, the files will remain on the ftp server in their original location.

If the file names do not start with a period and you aren't seeing them in the message viewer, either the files are not in the directory you specified or your channel has been configured to drop them.

Edit: I'm still not sure what the purpose of the .ack files is. Why would the system sending the message also send the ack? What would "handling" them even look like?

Last edited by agermano; 09-09-2019 at 08:08 AM.