web stats
Database Writer: Does it queue? - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 11-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Mirth Newb

Chris.ACH is on a distinguished road
Default Database Writer: Does it queue?

I am using Mirth Connect 2.1.1.5488. I have numerous channels that write ADT messages to a database using the database writer destination using SQL. My question is when one of my database servers goes down and I get a bunch of errors on the dashboard do I need to reprocess all of these errored messages or does Mirth periodically try to rewrite these messages?

I do not see a persistent queues option on the database writer destinations. My concern is that I do not want to create duplicate entries in these databases. Some of them have primary key constraints and some do not.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 11-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Mirth Guru

upstart33 is on a distinguished road

If you are using a Database Writer for your destination, then any message that encounters problems inserting into the database will produce Error's within Mirth. Once the Error happens, Mirth will not try to send the message again and it must be manually reprocessed through the Dashboard or via some self-coded solution.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:37 PM
Mirth Newb

Thanks for the quick response! Another related question. What if my destination type is file writer, and in that destination I have a transformer that is using Javascript to write to the database. In that scenario when my database server goes down will mirth retry the file writer destination again automatically or do I still need to manually reprocess?
Old 11-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Mirth Guru

upstart33 is on a distinguished road

If your channel produces and error in a transformer step, then it will halt what it is doing and never reach the final Destination portion.

The only time Mirth will keep on trying to send the messages that I know of is when your are using an LLP connection with Persistent Queues.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Mirth Newb

Ok thanks. Thats how I thought it worked but I had some weirdness today when I reprocessed a channel that has one database writer destination and one file writer that writes to a db through a javascript transformer. The Database writer inserted into the db just fine upon reprocess, but the Javascript transformer errored out do to a primary key constraint error saying the message was already there. I was trying to figure out how the record was already inserted into the database when I manually reprocessed.