web stats
I'm I asking too much ? - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 09-05-2012, 03:15 AM
What's HL7?

Mirth_me is on a distinguished road
Default I'm I asking too much ?

Hi Mirthlings

Still trying to get my head around this great product and have a couple of questions.

My use case is as follows.

Listen for inbound HL7 messages and filter on a Doctor unique ID in PV1 segment. Can be one or many doctors.

Then filter on the presence of an OBX segment and if the OBX-11 result status field has been set to F.

If all good, transform in-house Cerner test code to the LOINC equivalent. Large mapping table required. Roughly 3500 codes. That's a lot of if{} else's{} unless I can create a Map from an external file.

Write outbound message to file with the filename based on the Doctor's surgery code that has been gathered from the Doctors uniquie ID.

I know I could do this without to much trouble going straight to HAPI , but I really like the extra features of Mirth.

I would also like to use NoSQL instead of RDMS. Large data/map reduce etc . Is this possible with Mirth ?

I have lots of Java experience, but not as comfortable with JavaScript. Starting to get the feeling if I was to go with Mirth I'd be doing lots of this → var ud = new Packages.org.azufre.test.JarTest();

I'm I asking too much of Mirth?

Cheers
Wayne
Old 09-05-2012, 05:17 AM
Mirth Guru

cory_cole is on a distinguished road

Q. Listen for inbound HL7 messages and filter on a Doctor unique ID in PV1 segment. Can be one or many doctors.

A. Yes

Q. Then filter on the presence of an OBX segment and if the OBX-11 result status field has been set to F.

A. Yes

Q. If all good, transform in-house Cerner test code to the LOINC equivalent. Large mapping table required. Roughly 3500 codes. That's a lot of if{} else's{} unless I can create a Map from an external file.

A. Can be done in either the globalMap or within a database.

Q. Write outbound message to file with the filename based on the Doctor's surgery code that has been gathered from the Doctors uniquie ID.

A. Yes, Pull the data and put into the globalMap. The variable will be available on the destinations page under 'Destination Mappings'. You can drag and drop the variable over under file name.

Q. I would also like to use NoSQL instead of RDMS. Large data/map reduce etc . Is this possible with Mirth ?

A. Can not answer this one. I have seen many different database used here without issues. But this is a question for the Mirth developers.

Q. I have lots of Java experience, but not as comfortable with JavaScript. Starting to get the feeling if I was to go with Mirth I'd be doing lots of this → var ud = new Packages.org.azufre.test.JarTest();

A. You do not need to do JavaScript. We have around 140 hospitals with multiple channels and most do not use any JavaScript. However, some of things you have asked above will require some JavaScript.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:24 PM
OBX.2 Kenobi

ami199102 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

cole have given you the solution for all your questions. As he mentioned NoSQL stuff has to be answered by naurply or any other mirth employee.. Also javascript will be very easy to grasp up and use mirth effectively. So i personally recommend you to touch up javascript basics.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:57 PM
What's HL7?

Mirth_me is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys,

Nice to know it can be done. Will continue to troll the forums for solutions.

Cheers
Wayne