web stats
There was an out of memory error when trying to retrieve messages - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 11-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Mirth Guru

GregD is on a distinguished road
Default There was an out of memory error when trying to retrieve messages

This just started today. When I try to view messages I can view all messages and destinations for a single day (double-click on channel from Dashboard), but if I try to refine that to just view Source I get this error. Total messages on this channel for the day are a few hundred, at best.

Mirth 2.1.1.5490

Greg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HeapPage.JPG (11.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 11-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

So you're able to search for all messages for the day with no problem, but when you add "Source" to the connector advanced search filter and hit Search again, you get that error?

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Mirth Guru

That was what happened with my one attempt this morning at searching messages. Just now I went back to the same channel and got the error as soon as I double-clicked on the channel. That is, when it tried to display source and all destinations.

It seems to be random.

Greg
Old 11-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

It sounds like the messages you're processing through your channel are relatively large (hence why your client heap size is being filled). You may want to consider using attachments to pare down database storage as well as channel performance.

Also, you can change the heap size for your client by downloading and manually modifying the J2SE "max-heap-size" attribute in the JNLP file (the default is 256 MiB). The "java-vm-args" attribute will work too with the -Xmx option.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.

Last edited by narupley; 11-05-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Mirth Guru

No, these are small ORU messages, with a single OBR per messages. We have another lab interface which can send multiple OBRs per message, but even those are kind of small.

I just tried to view messages for the past hour by adjusting the times and I still get the error. Total messages for this channel since 12:00 AM are 80, so this can't be many. I dump the stats and restart all channels at midnight, so I know that I've only received 80 since then.

Greg
Old 11-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Mirth Guru

I restarted the Mirth Service and the issues seems to have gone away.

Greg