web stats
Hello from Rhapsody - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Development

Old 09-14-2007, 01:10 AM
What's HL7?

cheetah100
Default Hello from Rhapsody

Hi everyone,

I'm involved with Orion Health and Rhapsody. We are considering taking our Rhapsody connectors open source. I'm the former president of the open source society in New Zealand, so I have been promoting open source in Orion when it makes sense.

We are not about to take the entire product open source, but to me our job is about helping users get the job done. We will be promoting a new community around users and vendors sharing Rhapsody connectors and filters in a similar way to Delphi promoted a third party component community. What I thought might be interesting is making the effort broader - perhaps involving Mirth.

Now I'm doing this off my own back - I'm not formally representing Orion here, or making any promises. What intrigues me is whether we could create a API for connectors which works with both Rhapsody and Mirth.

I understand if you all don't trust me - but look up Peter Harrison and NZOSS - I'm on the level with this idea, and have the position inside Orion to make it happen.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Mirth Guru

jbartels is on a distinguished road
Default Re:Hello from Rhapsody

I'm not familiar with the product. Got a link?

My employer has had good success with Mirth. My dev team gets use a lot of open source software because it usually works better and typically costs less. Where we can we've given back to the community and our Director of Technology is open to the idea of open sourcing some of our products as well. I'd be interested to hear both the technical side as well as the business side (we call that 'the pointy-haired rubbish' around here ) of Rhapsody coming out.

Are you going to open source or free open source. There is a difference. Either way though it will help Mirth and other software projects make better use of yours and integrate with it.

Zen is hiring!!!!
http://consultzen.com/careers/
Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Mirth Employee

chrisl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for contacting us Peter! It's excellent to see other vendors start to embrace open source, and we're happy to hear you've considered Mirth in your efforts.

We should setup a call sometime next week to discuss the possible collaboration points and areas where we can help both open source communities grow. Please shoot me an email at chrisl [at] webreachinc.com to set that up.

By the way, when you say Rhapsody connector, do you mean the actual transport component (i.e. LLP, FILE, etc) or the "Interface" or "Channel" component? We already developed and support a full-fledged open source repository for interfaces (channels). It would be very exciting to see cross compatibility with this repository and the project you outline. Maybe we could just use the existing framework that has been set up...Something to discuss.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:38 PM
What's HL7?

cheetah100

Right now the connector is really the common element which I think will be easy to integrate with, as Rhapsody connectors and Mirth connectors are very similar. The Mirth concept of Channel is somewhat different to how Rhapsody works so I doubt we will be able to directly share what Mirth calls channel configs at first. We might be able to collaborate further once we have the connectors worked out.

We call a connector a "communication point" - funny though because a connector seems far more elegant Our equivalent of a channel is a "route". To be clear they are not quite the same; not in the same one to one kind way a connector maps to a communication point.

I will email you privately and set up a call. I'm on skype if that suits. Remember though, I'm in New Zealand - the US is something like 4 hours ahead.

I'm glad I have received such a positive response, and look forward with working on this idea further.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:05 AM
What's HL7?

mariradman is on a distinguished road
Default Orion Rhapsody & E gate

I am new to these and wasn't sure where I could go to find people with this background! Help!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:52 AM
What's HL7?

geojaya is on a distinguished road

I use both these products. It is good to see that inter operability discussion are taking place

George Varghese
Old 06-27-2014, 01:04 PM
Mirth Newb

RJKHL7 is on a distinguished road

Id love to see Mirth embrace a more formal process for defining data that comes through. There is a lot to work around sometimes with the way the templates interpret your data and how the incoming/outgoing data "on the wire/as it exists" can be accessed and modified.
The connectors are the part that is fairly easy to replicate, but if we could all decide on a "standard" for defining these actual message schemas (prior to HL7 3.0) that could definitely help ALL integrators....

Coming from Rhapsody and going to Mirth, and just my 2 cents.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:07 PM
What's HL7?

kathi is on a distinguished road

We are trying to pull the Connection Status of channel .I get an error that getInstance is not part of the object.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riverbed
https://www.facebook.com/EXINglobal
Old 08-25-2015, 12:40 PM
OBX.1 Kenobi

Jon Blanchard is on a distinguished road
Default Rhapsody and Mirth collaboration

What about creating a Java or Javascript layer between the server software and the shared Javascript code? That allows shared scripts to call generic method names ("SendMessage", "ReadMessage", etc.) that execute server-specific actions.

Scripts that focus on handling shared issues without requiring proprietary knowledge of either platform.

Just a thought.

Jon
Old 10-08-2015, 02:28 PM
Mirth Newb

dkirwilliam is on a distinguished road

Hello from InterSystems Ensemble-world! I have the pleasure of developing with Orion Rhapsody, Ensemble AND Mirth Connect.

I'll give you my bug-bears about Mirth since I'm in a good position to compare them

1. No mechanism to 'test' a transformation without deploying it and using it
2. No definable message schemas
3. No built-in 'lookup table' mechanism
4. No indexable message searching