web stats
HTTP Sender does nothing - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 10-08-2019, 11:32 AM
What's HL7?

tjoyner1 is on a distinguished road
Question HTTP Sender does nothing

Greetings

I am in a test phase for a channel setup. I have a source connector of JavaScript Reader that has a mundane useless variable just to trigger the polling. I have an HTTP sender with a GET to a public URL designed for API's and learning about API's, so nothing is confidential or anything of the sort. The imported cert are fine, everything looks like it should be working. On the dashboard the channel connection log goes from reading to idle as you'd expect for in between the poll intervals. The HTTP Sender destination should do something but nothing happens... No error, no nothing. I set up a second destination as a nowhere channel writer just to see any output, but nothing happens.

The ultimate goal is to have Mirth perform a GET to a URL, then take that data and write to another destination SQL writer... but before I can do any of that, I have to prove that I can do a simple GET from a URL...

I'm not proficient in JS or API... I do have lots of help where I am with my team coworkers.. but hoping someone here in the community can assist.

Thank you.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:00 PM
OBX.2 Kenobi

pacmano is on a distinguished road

Paste some screenshots. Your current post is like saying "my car won't start".

I'd post your source side and destination connector screenshots.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:54 AM
What's HL7?

tjoyner1 is on a distinguished road

Greetings

So the original issue was resolved, I had a few configuration issues. I now get a desired response in this test channel / destination. But now I am running into another issue for which I am having a new "new guy blunder" configuration dilemma.

The typical way the flow works is source sends to each destination a message and that destination process it.

However, I am trying to configure my channel in a way, that the top destination performs an API "GET" using the HTTP Sender connector type, then the next destination takes that first destinations response and processes it. And this daisy chain should be repeatable as many times as needed...

So instead of destination 2 getting a message from the source connector, I want destination 2 to receive the message from the response portion of the message from destination 1 and process it another way such as file writing.

I am positive I can do this, but have forgotten how... or am having trouble looking for the solution...

Thoughts?

Last edited by tjoyner1; 10-09-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Tags
api, api call, does nothing, get request, http sender