web stats
Connect 3.8.0: FHIR Sender to GET Patient and writing to file - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 07-29-2019, 03:34 PM
What's HL7?

msingh2019 is on a distinguished road
Question Connect 3.8.0: FHIR Sender to GET Patient and writing to file

I am a Mirth Connect newbie and just got into learning how to implement interfaces with Mirth. My basic requirement is pretty straightforward -
1. Consume a remote FHIR API to retrieve Patient data.
2. Write the data either to a file or forward to another REST API for downstream processing.
Is using the FHIR Sender in a channel destination the right approach for my first requirement? I tried this approach but I am just not seeing any messages or errors on the destination. I left the source settings defaulted to Channel Reader and made no changes. Am I missing something?

For my second requirement, I was planning on adding a router.routeMessage in the response transformer of Channel 1 (channel with FHIR Sender in destination) in order to forward the response to Channel 2 for downstream processing. Will this be the right approach? Any help will be really appreciated.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:24 AM
What's HL7?

tjoyner1 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Same boat basically

Greetings

I too am working on something similar. I have a source connector set to JavaScript reader with a mundane variable and a poll set at specific times. My first destination is an HTTP Sender with a Get to a URL to retrieve data... from there I want that destination response to go to the next destination in the same channel. But having a hard time figuring this out. I want to write the Destination 1's GET response to a FTP File Writer with Destination 2.

But inside a channel each destination gets it's message from the source. I am having a moment where I can't remember how to feed destinations the preceding destinations message...
Old 10-09-2019, 12:08 PM
Mirth Guru

agermano is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjoyner1 View Post
I want to write the Destination 1's GET response to a FTP File Writer with Destination 2.
The each destination's Response gets added to the responseMap. When you have your File Writer destination selected, you should see the name of your first destination at the bottom of the Destination Mappings section. You can drag-and-drop it into the Template.

Tags
fhir sender