web stats
Mirth Connect Question: Can you screen scrape from Unix/AS400 and Web Apps? - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > General Discussion

Old 10-26-2011, 10:58 AM
What's HL7?

aimasys is on a distinguished road
Default Mirth Connect Question: Can you screen scrape from Unix/AS400 and Web Apps?

Hello,

We are a software company that builds interfaces for healthcare and we are looking at Mirth Connect as a possible tool for the development of our interfaces. Many of our customers/prospects have screen-based Unix (VT100/220/320) and AS400 (TN5250) applications along with web applications and they want us to utilize the existing UIs offered by these types of applications (i.e. screen scrape). Does Mirth Connect offer the ability to read/write information from/to the screen UIs that exist with these types of applications? If so, can you please direct me to some support documentation on how to accomplish this? If not, can you recommend a Mirth Connect like product with these screen scrape capabilities? Thank you very much!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:27 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

ironbridge is on a distinguished road

I've not used screen scraping with the AS400, but they do have the JTOpen driver (http://jt400.sourceforge.net/). You can use this driver to connect to the AS400 DB2 database, IFS, Data Queues, etc.

Tags
as400, screen scrape, screen scraping, unix, web page