web stats
Ftps - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 06-12-2013, 07:25 AM
OBX.2 Kenobi

sandersmr is on a distinguished road
Default Ftps

I'm attempting to utilize the SSL Tunneling feature of our Mirth Appliance to do an FTPS connection. The goal is to send files to an external client via FTP over TLS/SSL. I wasn't exactly clear on how to go about it, so what I did was create an Outbound tunnel with some unused Source Port (e.g. 9900), destination host of the destination name (e.g. ftp.clientsname.com), and destination port of 990. Then in the channel, I created a FTP destination where I send to localhost:9900.

Doing a Test Write eventually works. However, when I try to send an actual file, I get this error:
Code:
ERROR-403: File connector error
ERROR MESSAGE:	Error writing file
java.io.IOException: Host attempting data connection (destination IP here) is not same as server 127.0.0.1
When I check the FTP site using FileZilla, I see a file there with the correct name, but it's empty.

Any suggestions? I don't necessarily have to use Mirth for this job, but it would make it easier to monitor.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:40 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

gomezmsebastian is on a distinguished road

i have the same error (empty file) but with
java.io.IOException: invallid controller

=(
Old 02-20-2014, 07:42 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

With the connection/tunnel settings you described, sandersmr should have been able to connect if the server was using implicit FTPS. If the server is using explicit FTPS, he may have had to use FTPSClient manually in JavaScript.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:14 PM
OBX.2 Kenobi

sandersmr is on a distinguished road

I don't recall what their server actually was, may have been explicit. I ended up just doing the FTPS work elsewhere in a python script and just had Mirth do the file creation and moving the end result to a move folder the python script would check.

However, good to know about the FTPSClient bit. I may give that a try sometime in the future.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:37 AM
Mirth Newb

pazaq is on a distinguished road
Default Example?

Quote:
Originally Posted by narupley View Post
With the connection/tunnel settings you described, sandersmr should have been able to connect if the server was using implicit FTPS. If the server is using explicit FTPS, he may have had to use FTPSClient manually in JavaScript.
I have to do the explicit FTPS version for a customer any chance you have an example of how to call this in a writer?

Thanks!

Tags
ftps