web stats
Alert email address replication - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 08-17-2011, 02:07 PM
OBX.1 Kenobi

pcolbert is on a distinguished road
Question Alert email address replication

I've been trying to setup new alerts in version 1.8.2 and 2.0.1, and seem to have a bug in Mirth that I can't see has been reported, which is strange as I've used alerts before, and obviously many users use alerts.

When I add a new alert, I check only a single channel from the list, and I add a single email address. When the alert is triggered, I receive an ever increasing number of alert emails. When I go back into the alert system, I see that the single email address I entered has been replicated. In fact, each time I modify the alert, it duplicates the email address again. Usually the email address is replicated by a factor of five. Very strange? I looked in the mirth database and confirmed that there were multiple entries in the alert_email table.

Has anyone seen this behavior, and know of a fix, work-around, or something obvious I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Phil
Old 08-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Mirth Newb

jgarcia is on a distinguished road

Hi,
It has happened me some weeks ago and it is just cause of MyISAM structure on database.
I have MySQL, and if mirth tables ar MyISAM instead of InnoDB, every time you try to manage alerts it doesn't delete those rows.
I think so you should try to migrate your database from MyISAM structure to InnoDB.
Is it as I am telling you?

Thanks,

Javi
Old 08-18-2011, 01:27 PM
OBX.1 Kenobi

pcolbert is on a distinguished road

Interesting. Have you seen this same type of problem with any other Mirth table? We've had Mirth deployed now for over a year, and have never seen this problem before. All of our Mirth tables are MyISAM.

Thanks,

Phil
Old 08-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Mirth Employee

jeffc is on a distinguished road

Javi is right, and unfortunately the only solution to this problem was to change to InnoDB.

The issue can be viewed here: http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/i...wse/MIRTH-1252

Tags
alert, duplicate, email, multiple, replicate