web stats
Mirth Connect 3.7.0 Released! - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > General Discussion

Old 12-19-2018, 10:08 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road
Default Mirth Connect 3.7.0 Released!

NextGen (Mirth) Connect 3.7.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our downloads page. It includes dozens of new features, improvements, and bug fixes!

Some key features and benefits of 3.7 include:
  • Java 11 Support Java 11 is the newest "major" release of Java, and with it comes lots of great features like TLS 1.3 support. It's also the latest LTS release for Oracle support customers. Java 8 is not yet EOL so it can still definitely be used.

• OpenJDK Support No need to be worried about Oracle's recent license changes. With 3.7, Connect now supports both the official Oracle JDK, as well as OpenJDK distributions like the Oracle OpenJDK JDK, Azul Zulu, AdoptOpenJDK, and others! So when public security updates cease for Oracle JDK 8, you won't be forced to purchase Oracle support. You can choose whatever Java distribution you want.

• Database Connection Pool Options The database connections Connect uses can now be separated into read/write and read-only pools, which means you can leverage read-replica database scaling for running Connect in a cluster.

• Advanced Clustering: Guaranteed Message Order Our Advanced Clustering extension is great for horizontally scaling your Connect servers, and paired with a load balancer you can greatly improve throughput by allowing channels to run on multiple servers simultaneously. However in some cases you want messages for a particular channel to process in order. This is now possible in 3.7, and can be enabled on a per-channel and per-destination-queue basis!

• User Authorization: Channel Tags / Groups The role/privilege options for our User Authorization extension have been expanded in 3.7! With this you can create more fine-tuned roles. For example you can decide that a particular user should only be able to View/Manage channels that have a certain tag, or that belong to a certain group.

• And More!

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:59 AM
What's HL7?

smealio is on a distinguished road

Interesting.

As the architect at one of your clients I am strongly disappointed.

Not because of the functionality, I think that the new features are valuable and enjoy seeing the direction.

What I am disappointed about is that no more than 2 months ago, while implementing connect from ground up I attempted to put two connect instances in an active/active state behind a LB (this is how our legacy engine was implemented). When I realized I could not achieve FIFO in this setup, unlike our current engine BizTalk, I broached this topic with support and engineers.

Point blank, when asked if this would be supported in a future release so we could plan accordingly, we were told "this was not on the roadmap".

I feel like there is great disconnect amongst areas of consumer pipeline.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:28 PM
Mirth Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by smealio View Post
Interesting.

As the architect at one of your clients I am strongly disappointed.

Not because of the functionality, I think that the new features are valuable and enjoy seeing the direction.

What I am disappointed about is that no more than 2 months ago, while implementing connect from ground up I attempted to put two connect instances in an active/active state behind a LB (this is how our legacy engine was implemented). When I realized I could not achieve FIFO in this setup, unlike our current engine BizTalk, I broached this topic with support and engineers.

Point blank, when asked if this would be supported in a future release so we could plan accordingly, we were told "this was not on the roadmap".

I feel like there is great disconnect amongst areas of consumer pipeline.
Perhaps there was a misunderstanding, or the rep you talked to was speaking to the strictly open-source side of things?

I know you already know this, but for others reading this I wanted to give some background. We have an Advanced Clustering commercial extension that adds a ton of functionality to Connect to better support multiple servers in a cluster. Things like an overhauled dashboard to show you all stats across all servers, deploying/starting/etc a channel will deploy/start it across all servers in the cluster, and more.

In 3.7 we added the Guarantee Message Order feature so that your interfaces can still be one-at-a-time and FIFO even when there are multiple servers running simultaneously.

Nicholas Rupley
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:10 AM
What's HL7?

Bala12 is on a distinguished road

Need FHIR 3.7.1 extension
Old 06-28-2019, 07:18 AM
Mirth Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala12 View Post
Need FHIR 3.7.1 extension
You can get that here: http://downloads.mirthcorp.com/fhir/...3.7.1.b258.zip

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 06-28-2019, 08:59 AM
What's HL7?

alex_mendes is on a distinguished road

Need FHIR 3.7.0 extension

Thanks in advance
Old 06-28-2019, 09:00 AM
What's HL7?

alex_mendes is on a distinguished road

Or/and FHIR 3.5.2 extension
Old 06-28-2019, 01:06 PM
Mirth Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_mendes View Post
Need FHIR 3.7.0 extension

Thanks in advance
http://downloads.mirthcorp.com/fhir/....7.0.b1046.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_mendes View Post
Or/and FHIR 3.5.2 extension
http://downloads.mirthcorp.com/fhir/...3.5.2.b217.zip

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:00 AM
OBX.2 Kenobi

jack.downes is on a distinguished road

as a long time user of Mirth, still running 3.4.2.8129 in production, I'm VERY happy to see you guys continuing on this FANTASTIC engine. very good that it's going to be on the latest rev of Java.

While you have your Advanced Load balance system, I have a perfectly working, albeit without the rather cool 'Guarantee of Order' system you have. There's a thread I have that's about RCS, but it's due mainly to running two of these engines behind HAProxy. So... people who think you guys are somehow shirking are certainly wrong. You have a fantastic product, I'm very grateful to see NextGen is cool with it being OpenSouce. Keep up the fantastic work!