web stats
Changing the Health Care IT Model with Open Source by Tony McCormick - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Open Source HIT > General Discussion

Old 05-07-2014, 08:57 PM
What's HL7?

justinthwart is on a distinguished road
Default Changing the Health Care IT Model with Open Source by Tony McCormick

I'm been in the healthcare IT industry for 30 years. I wrote my first EMR in the late eighties and that started me on a long road down the path I've been in open source for that ten years since then. What are the big problems with health care software now is the expenditures. 15 thousand dollars is a typical expense for EMR in a small practice. Lost of control is the second part in this problem. If you have those EMRs, do you have the ability to modify the workflow and move along? What about data storage? Is the day to yours, is that the patients is it that the EMR vendors? What can you do with it? How do you get to it?

Just wanna share that statement from Tony McCormick. This is a very interesting topic because I am also from the IT sector, actually a POS Software developer.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:43 AM
What's HL7?

cris_fletcher is on a distinguished road

It looks like a part of an article. If there are some questions, then maybe there are related answers.... Could you share full information or provide a link to it?

Tags
open source