web stats
Mirth Connect 3.6.1 - XDS.b Listener - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 10-11-2018, 03:04 AM

mcalKno is on a distinguished road
Default Mirth Connect 3.6.1 - XDS.b Listener

I'm working on a POC for in-bounding CCDA messages to an XDS.b listener on a mirth channel, using the new interopsuite's XDS.b listener.

My inbound message is XML, but whenever I set the source connector to use XDS.b listener, it switches the inbound data type to JSON and doens't allow for it to be changed. What am I missing?
Old 10-15-2018, 04:36 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

jonathanlent is on a distinguished road

So, you should be able to change the message. Dealing with the message structure is a little different since it does not get converted to XML, but you should be able to do something like

Code:
msg.Envelope.Body.ProvideAndRegisterDocumentSetRequest.SubmitObjectsRequest.Association['@targetObject'] = 'FooBar';
The JSON conversion means you can't use E4X's search abilities, but it does preserve the namespaces in the document without forcing you to have to reference them to do manipulation.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:07 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

Right, the listener still receives the SOAP XML, then converts it to JSON for processing within the channel.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by narupley View Post
Right, the listener still receives the SOAP XML, then converts it to JSON for processing within the channel.
Thanks, Nick! I did read that in the user guide, but I wasn't sure if there was a reasoning or a way to just accept the raw XML. I have a use case to receive the raw message via XDS.b and then just pass it on to an endpoint untouched.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:18 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalKno View Post
Thanks, Nick! I did read that in the user guide, but I wasn't sure if there was a reasoning or a way to just accept the raw XML. I have a use case to receive the raw message via XDS.b and then just pass it on to an endpoint untouched.
That is still definitely possible, if you use the XDS.b Sender and let the JSON pass through, it will automatically convert it to SOAP XML on the way out.

If for any other reason you need to get the XML version of the envelope you can do so with JsonUtil.toXml.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:33 AM

Thanks for the clarity Nick!