web stats
Mirth 3.0 - Page 2 - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > General Discussion

Old 11-14-2013, 06:53 AM
Mirth Newb

pgreenwood is on a distinguished road

Thank you for thinking about this BrentM... it *is* appreciated.

I understand what you mean about the "Unknown table 'TEMPLATE'" error, but that error *only* occurs if I've *restarted* Mirth after the initial attempt to upgrade. The *first* run of Mirth to upgrade our MySQL database failed with the error in mirth.log "Failed to execute script: mysql-9-3.0.0-1.sql" and "Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Can't execute the given command because you have active locked tables or an active transaction".

+++

I restored our MySQL mirthdb database back to the working 2.2.1 setup, ran the 2.2.1 version of Mirth and verified it worked. I then turned on MySQL logging in our server, and tried to migrate to mirthconnect-3.0.0.6931.b982-linux.rpm so I could catch the sql commands Mirth is running during the migration process. When it failed, I then shutdown Mirth, dropped the mirthdb and restored back to a fresh working 2.2.1 version. The idea was to capture what's happening during the upgrade in the log.

I then logged into our MySQL server and ran the commands that I could see in our logging file and can replicate what happens when trying to upgrade. I've actually managed to replicate this process twice, and each time ended up at the same point: "Can't execute the given command". I've attached the log to this post (rather than make it long and messy here). The file should be "mirth3.0-mysql-error.txt". I get to:

mysql> DROP TABLE TEMPLATE;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.03 sec)

mysql> RENAME TABLE CHANNEL_ALERT TO OLD_CHANNEL_ALERT;
ERROR 1192 (HY000): Can't execute the given command because you have active locked tables or an active transaction

... and can run:

mysql> show open tables;

... and ..

mysql> show full processlist;

... and do not see anything blocking what we're trying to do.

We *did* try and do some Googling to see if others have seen this sort of scenario, and came across http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=54462. Note that there's a proposed workaround at the bottom of the page:

> Also noticed that if you explicitly indicate start transaction that bug is
> not appearing.

Is it maybe possible to consider implementing the workaround assuming the bug is truly unresolved?
Attached Files
File Type: txt mirth3.0-mysql-error.txt (15.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 11-14-2013, 10:28 AM
Mirth Employee

brentm is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the information you provided. I was able to reproduce the exact error you encountered and verified that the workaround suggested in the MySQL bug report does fix the problem.

The workaround will be included in Mirth Connect version 3.0.1.

You can also fix your Mirth Connect 3.0.0 installation by replacing the mirth-dbconf.jar file in the server-lib folder with the one attached.
Attached Files
File Type: jar mirth-dbconf.jar (69.9 KB, 26 views)
Old 11-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Mirth Newb

pgreenwood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentm View Post
Thanks for all the information you provided. I was able to reproduce the exact error you encountered and verified that the workaround suggested in the MySQL bug report does fix the problem.

The workaround will be included in Mirth Connect version 3.0.1.

You can also fix your Mirth Connect 3.0.0 installation by replacing the mirth-dbconf.jar file in the server-lib folder with the one attached.
WHOOO-HOOOOO!!!!!!! We're UP and RUNNING!!!!!

My co-worker and I are doing our "Stadium Wave" here! Yeah, looks silly with only two of us, but you get the idea.

Major thanks for all your time and help Brent!!!!!
Old 11-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Mirth Employee

brentm is on a distinguished road

My pleasure, glad it's working!