web stats
Mirth Connect 3.3 Released! - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > General Discussion

Old 09-15-2015, 12:19 PM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road
Default Mirth Connect 3.3 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.3.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our downloads page.

Some key features and benefits of 3.3 include:
  • Code Template Libraries Code templates can now be organized into libraries, enabled for specific channels and JavaScript contexts, and can even be included with channel imports / exports! Tons of other enhancements too, like revision history support with the Channel History extension!

• JSON Data Type Automatically converts between JavaScript objects and JSON strings for you, and uses a JSON-specific structure in the transformer message tree.

• Enhanced Polling Connector Settings Create consistent channel schedules with on-the-hour polling settings, the ability to use specific days of the week or month, and active time ranges. You can even use cron expressions for maximum flexibility!

• Advanced SFTP Settings Use RSA public-key authentication, enable / disable host key signature validation, and set other advanced configuration options.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:46 AM
OBX.2 Kenobi

fluancefg is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Is there a JSON serializer like the one for XML to get the whole HL7 message in JSON format?

Last edited by fluancefg; 09-16-2015 at 06:14 AM.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:52 AM
Mirth Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluancefg View Post
Hi,

Is there a JSON serializer like the one for XML to get the whole HL7 message in JSON format?
Not yet no, but that is definitely on our radar: MIRTH-2758

Luckily it's not very difficult to convert HL7 v2.x to JSON, and even easier now with the JSON data type. Here's a previous thread that tackled that: www.mirthcorp.com/community/forums/showthread.php?t=12835

Nicholas Rupley
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:34 AM
OBX.3 Kenobi

Shamil is on a distinguished road

Are Code Template names still restricted to 40 chars only? (OK, I've just checked, finally it's fixed.)

Also, channel maps created in Deploy Scripts, for example, are not visible in Destination Mappings box.

Last edited by Shamil; 09-17-2015 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:08 AM
Mirth Newb

bittelc is on a distinguished road

During our upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3, nearly half our production channels went down for no apparent reason. It took several hours of down time to uncover a number of issues that the upgrade caused. For all those considering upgrading, do so with caution, and do it at times when user activity is lowest.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:46 AM
OBX.3 Kenobi

When importing Code Templates from 3.2.2 version, sometimes, suddenly, actual function content (code) goes under different template name. Thus, under the same library I have two different code template names with the same function (function name is the same). Description fields are also becoming similar.

Update: If I select the code template name and hit Delete button, it goes away from the list, the next one is selected, but the function code stays the same, belonging to the deleted one, but now re-assigned to a new code template name. Thus, I can delete all code templates from the list one by one, the function never gets updated.

Last edited by Shamil; 09-18-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:07 PM
Mirth Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittelc View Post
During our upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3, nearly half our production channels went down for no apparent reason. It took several hours of down time to uncover a number of issues that the upgrade caused. For all those considering upgrading, do so with caution, and do it at times when user activity is lowest.
I know you already created a thread for the Moment.js issue, but what others did you encounter?

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:08 PM
Mirth Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamil View Post
When importing Code Templates from 3.2.2 version, sometimes, suddenly, actual function content (code) goes under different template name. Thus, under the same library I have two different code template names with the same function (function name is the same). Description fields are also becoming similar.

Update: If I select the code template name and hit Delete button, it goes away from the list, the next one is selected, but the function code stays the same, belonging to the deleted one, but now re-assigned to a new code template name. Thus, I can delete all code templates from the list one by one, the function never gets updated.
Thanks for catching that; I've created an issue for it: MIRTH-3791

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:36 PM
OBX.3 Kenobi

Nick, you missed one more. When importing code templates (aka libraries now) sometimes code template is not populated. I've created three libraries in 3.3 and stored all of them to one file. Then I've installed another instance of 3.3 and imported this library file. In two libraries first code templates are wrong - in one case it's just empty, in another case it's taken from another code template (i.e., it's completely different function). The third library is OK. I don't know what 's wrong with the first two. Each library has about 2-10 code templates (aka functions).

Update: One Code Template got lost after all channels deployment and was replaced by the function from another Code Template. The difference between the two is that template names are similar in about first 30-35 characters, only the last word is different. Also, code template names contain ":" char left from 3.2.2. During import it was not deleted or replaced or warned otherwise. However, an attempt to edit the name in 3.3 causes the template name to be fully deleted.

Last edited by Shamil; 09-18-2015 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:05 PM
Mirth Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamil View Post
Nick, you missed one more. When importing code templates (aka libraries now) sometimes code template is not populated. I've created three libraries in 3.3 and stored all of them to one file. Then I've installed another instance of 3.3 and imported this library file. In two libraries first code templates are wrong - in one case it's just empty, in another case it's taken from another code template (i.e., it's completely different function). The third library is OK. I don't know what 's wrong with the first two. Each library has about 2-10 code templates (aka functions).

Update: One Code Template got lost after all channels deployment and was replaced by the function from another Code Template. The difference between the two is that template names are similar in about first 30-35 characters, only the last word is different. Also, code template names contain ":" char left from 3.2.2. During import it was not deleted or replaced or warned otherwise. However, an attempt to edit the name in 3.3 causes the template name to be fully deleted.
I've created two issues for those: MIRTH-3792, MIRTH-3793.

For the importing issue, does it work correctly if you refresh before doing anything else? From what I can see, after importing libraries everything shows up correctly in the server and the database, it's just that the tree-table view in the Administrator can sometimes be incorrect. After importing if you always hit the Refresh task before doing anything else, is the issue solved for you?

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.

Last edited by narupley; 09-23-2015 at 03:21 PM.