web stats
Mirth and eClincial Works - Page 2 - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > General Discussion

Old 12-01-2010, 09:09 AM
What's HL7?

snaven is on a distinguished road

Not sure what you're asking for. I just wanted to know if anyone is piggybacking Mirth on top on an existing eclinical works interface to get data from a database.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Mirth Guru

GregD is on a distinguished road

I did/am connecting to an eCW running on MySQL 5.1. I say 'did/am' because originally it was hosted on a server locally and I could access the database directly. Last year the practice moved the db to an ASP. The interesting thing is, when it was local I could access all of the tables, no problem. When it was moved off site I was told that eCW no longer allowed this because of potential HIPAA violations. However, they were willing to give me regular backups of the database. Very odd. So now I get weekly back-ups which I restore locally and report off of.

I'm not using Mirth to do this, but the point is, even if Mirth can do it, eCW might not give you the ability to get in unless it is an older installation. As a side note, the eCW database is crazy. There are over a 1000 tables in the db. It took me a while to figure out where everything is so I could get out what I needed.

Greg
Old 06-17-2011, 08:55 AM
What's HL7?

kwgaston

I work with a practice that runs eClinicalWorks (not ASP hosted model). I have a couple questions for you but believe that you can still connect to the database even if you are hosted at eClinicalWorks.

Please contact me at my e-mail address: kgaston at dentinstitute.com or kgaston at cinsight.net

Regards,
-kg
Old 06-17-2011, 06:53 PM
What's HL7?

agranth is on a distinguished road
Default eCW and Mirth - Interface Costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaven View Post
Interesting. So has anyone been able to connect yet to an eclinical works DB without eclinical works help (piggybacking Mirth on top on an existing interface)? Those that work with eclinical works is an interface as expensive as quoted?
We have done a lot of ECW interfaces and they don't cost that much per interface.

What they are probably quoting is a one-time fee for development costs, plus installing and testing the interface.