web stats
Mirth Connect 3.0 Beta 1 Released! - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > General Discussion

Old 12-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Mirth Employee

jacobb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mirth Connect 3.0 Beta 1 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.0 Beta 1 is now available. This release includes numerous new features, improvements, and bug fixes. However, this is an early beta release and we do not recommend using it in a production setting. There is no migration/upgrade path to or from this beta, older channels cannot be imported into this beta, and it currently only supports PostgreSQL 9.0+ and Derby as configured backend databases. Please report any bugs that you encounter through our issue tracker.

If you would like to see a demo of the new 3.0 architecture and some of the new features available in the beta, there is a video available here:
http://www.mirthcorp.com/featured-we...t-30-beta-demo

If you are using Java 7 to launch the Mirth Connect Administrator and experience problems, make sure you are using Java 1.7.0_10 or higher to resolve known webstart issues.

Please use this thread to comment and discuss this version. We look forward to your comments and bug reports in order to improve Mirth Connect before the release of 3.0.

You can report issues here (please note that the issue occurs only in 3.0.0 Beta 1 beta if it is not a 2.2.1 issue):
http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/issues

You can download Mirth Connect 3.0.0 Beta 1 from the download page:
http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/downloads

Last edited by jacobb; 01-30-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Mirth Newb

keys2heaven

I'm getting a "Failed to validate certificate" error when trying to launch the administrator.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by keys2heaven View Post
I'm getting a "Failed to validate certificate" error when trying to launch the administrator.
What OS are you on, and what version JRE are you using?

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Mirth Employee

Quote:
There's a known bug in some versions of JRE 7. Try updating to the latest. Launching with Java 6 should also work. Please let us know what exact JRE version you're using and if updating to the latest fixes your issue.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:20 AM
Mirth Newb

Florian is on a distinguished road

I really appreciate the Web Administrator for viewing the Dashboard in a web browser.

Have you planned to add others features like being able to view the content of messages or the possibility to reprocess a message?
Old 12-26-2012, 06:52 AM
Mirth Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florian View Post
I really appreciate the Web Administrator for viewing the Dashboard in a web browser.

Have you planned to add others features like being able to view the content of messages or the possibility to reprocess a message?
We haven't made any decisions about that yet as there are quite a few other priorities to address, but it's something we'll definitely consider! One obvious concern is the prospect of PHI being transferred back and forth to a mobile device, but then again I'm sure plenty of people do the exact same thing with their company mail (which obviously could also contain sensitive data).

It may not be initially available in 3.0, but one thing we'll probably do eventually is integrate the User Roles plugin with the Web Administrator. That way along with the SSL, there could be an additional, customizable layer of security wherein administrators could decide which users can view what via the web application.

Nicholas Rupley
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:54 AM
Mirth Newb

keys2heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by narupley View Post
What OS are you on, and what version JRE are you using?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobb View Post
There's a known bug in some versions of JRE 7. Try updating to the latest. Launching with Java 6 should also work. Please let us know what exact JRE version you're using and if updating to the latest fixes your issue.
Running Windows XP Pro SP3 & Java 1.7.0_09.

I'll upgrade to latest Java and see what happens.

UPDATE: Upgraded to Java 1.7.0_10 and I get the login dialogue. However, admin/admin does not work.

Last edited by keys2heaven; 12-26-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Mirth Employee

Quote:
Running Windows XP Pro SP3 & Java 1.7.0_09.

I'll upgrade to latest Java and see what happens.

UPDATE: Upgraded to Java 1.7.0_10 and I get the login dialogue. However, admin/admin does not work.
I just tested it with 1.7.0_10 on a Windows 7 machine and it works fine for me... Are you using the default Derby database? If so, can you try starting from scratch by unzipping the 3.0 beta archive again to a completely new folder? Also, before attempting to launch the Administrator, clear your Java cache as well.

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Mirth Newb

keys2heaven

That took care of it. Thanks!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Mirth Employee

Thanks for the input keys2heaven. It looks like 1.7.0_10 is the version if Java 7 that is required. It sounds like 1.7.0_05 and lower should also work.

Last edited by jacobb; 12-26-2012 at 04:52 PM.