web stats
Transformer Error - TypeError: Cannot read property "IN1.43" from undefined - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 03-31-2009, 08:52 AM
Mirth Newb

RHavlick
Default Transformer Error - TypeError: Cannot read property "IN1.43" from undefined

Hello,

I'm still new to Mirth - trying to learn how it works. I'm just trying to do a real simple interface which pulls in a ADT A28 HL7 file. I mapped each segment from the incoming file to a variable, and then using an insert statement populate a database. When I run it, I get all sorts of transformer errors of: ERROR (transformer:?): TypeError: Cannot read property "IN1.43" from undefined. What's happening is that I am reading in an IN1 segment, but say the patient doesn't have a tertiary insurance, so that variable is blank. I tried setting the Default Value for the variable to "" (double quotes) - Doesn't seem to do much. Is there a way to not have variables mapped if they aren't populated in the incoming message?

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:09 AM
Mirth Employee

jacobb is an unknown quantity at this point

You can use a JavaScript step and check if that segment != undefined first.
Code:
 if (msg['IN1']['IN1.43']['IN1.43.1'] != undefined) {
    // do mapping
}
Also make sure you're trying to map IN1.43.1 and not just IN1.43.

Want professional services, support, and enterprise or virtual appliances? It's all available from the Mirth Corporation:
Mirth Support | Mirth Training | Mirth Appliances
Old 03-31-2009, 12:13 PM
Mirth Newb

RHavlick

Thanks Jacob - there are a TON of fields, so I'm trying to keep this as much drag and dropping as possible just using Mappers and not Java Script...

Just another thought - could I use the import transformer to import and then set default values or something then have the export transformer be the one where the variables are set at? If so how do I do that, and would that eliminate the warnings?

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:44 PM
Mirth Employee

jacobb is an unknown quantity at this point

You can still drag and drop elements from the tree into a JavaScript step, but it is a lot more typing.

Does the message you're trying to process and is failing have an IN1 segment at all?

Want professional services, support, and enterprise or virtual appliances? It's all available from the Mirth Corporation:
Mirth Support | Mirth Training | Mirth Appliances
Old 03-31-2009, 01:53 PM
Mirth Newb

RHavlick

Yeah most have at least 1 insurance (IN1 Segment) but can have up to 3. It then goes into a single record in the database. So it's not adding a record for each insurance, it's just grabbing the first iteration of IN1 and placing in some fields, the second in some others, and the third in some others. So that's why I'm creating a variable for each field in the database and trying to populate.

Thanks Jacob.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:13 AM
Mirth Newb

joshillian is on a distinguished road

This is an old issue, but in case anyone else comes across is it, I thought I'd post an expanded solution based on jacobb's earlier suggestion.

More or less, I created a new step of JavaScript type. The intent is to create channelMap variables for each of the needed insurance fields for each of the possible three IN1 segments regardless of whether the segment is defined. If the segment is not present, that segment's variables are simply set to an empty string. This is useful to me because I use each of these variables in an HTTP Sender to build a JSON request, and need each variable represented regardless. Here's my solution:

Code:
channelMap.put( 'in1_companyName','');
channelMap.put( 'in1_planCode','');
channelMap.put( 'in1_policyNumber','');
channelMap.put( 'in1_effectiveDate','');
channelMap.put( 'in1_terminationDate','');
channelMap.put( 'in1_groupName','');
channelMap.put( 'in1_insuredFirstName','');
channelMap.put( 'in1_insuredLastName','');
if(msg['IN1'][0] != undefined){
  channelMap.put('in1_companyName' , msg['IN1'][0]['IN1.4']['IN1.4.1'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in1_planCode' , msg['IN1'][0]['IN1.8']['IN1.8.1'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in1_policyNumber' , msg['IN1'][0]['IN1.36']['IN1.36.1'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in1_effectiveDate' , msg['IN1'][0]['IN1.12']['IN1.12.1'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in1_terminationDate' , msg['IN1'][0]['IN1.13']['IN1.13.1'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in1_groupName' , msg['IN1'][0]['IN1.9']['IN1.9.1'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in1_insuredFirstName' , msg['IN1'][0]['IN1.16']['IN1.16.2'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in1_insuredLastName' , msg['IN1'][0]['IN1.16']['IN1.16.1'].toString());  
}

channelMap.put( 'in2_companyName','');
channelMap.put( 'in2_planCode','');
channelMap.put( 'in2_policyNumber','');
channelMap.put( 'in2_effectiveDate','');
channelMap.put( 'in2_terminationDate','');
channelMap.put( 'in2_groupName','');
channelMap.put( 'in2_insuredFirstName','');
channelMap.put( 'in2_insuredLastName','');
if(msg['IN1'][1] != undefined){
  channelMap.put('in2_companyName' , msg['IN1'][1]['IN1.4']['IN1.4.1'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in2_planCode' , msg['IN1'][1]['IN1.8']['IN1.8.1'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in2_policyNumber' , msg['IN1'][1]['IN1.36']['IN1.36.1'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in2_effectiveDate' , msg['IN1'][1]['IN1.12']['IN1.12.1'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in2_terminationDate' , msg['IN1'][1]['IN1.13']['IN1.13.1'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in2_groupName' , msg['IN1'][1]['IN1.9']['IN1.9.1'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in2_insuredFirstName' , msg['IN1'][1]['IN1.16']['IN1.16.2'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in2_insuredLastName' , msg['IN1'][1]['IN1.16']['IN1.16.1'].toString());  
}

channelMap.put( 'in3_companyName','');
channelMap.put( 'in3_planCode','');
channelMap.put( 'in3_policyNumber','');
channelMap.put( 'in3_effectiveDate','');
channelMap.put( 'in3_terminationDate','');
channelMap.put( 'in3_groupName','');
channelMap.put( 'in3_insuredFirstName','');
channelMap.put( 'in3_insuredLastName','');
if(msg['IN1'][2] != undefined){
  channelMap.put('in3_companyName' , msg['IN1'][2]['IN1.4']['IN1.4.1'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in3_planCode' , msg['IN1'][2]['IN1.8']['IN1.8.1'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in3_policyNumber' , msg['IN1'][2]['IN1.36']['IN1.36.1'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in3_effectiveDate' , msg['IN1'][2]['IN1.12']['IN1.12.1'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in3_terminationDate' , msg['IN1'][2]['IN1.13']['IN1.13.1'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in3_groupName' , msg['IN1'][2]['IN1.9']['IN1.9.1'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in3_insuredFirstName' , msg['IN1'][2]['IN1.16']['IN1.16.2'].toString());
  channelMap.put('in3_insuredLastName' , msg['IN1'][2]['IN1.16']['IN1.16.1'].toString());  
}
--Josh