- The File Reader/Writer has a new "Initial Commands" field
- Only enabled in FTP mode
- Supports a single command, or a comma-separated list of commands
- When connecting to an FTP server, after successful connection those initial commands will be sent
- Works with FTPS too (SSL Manager)
- The Test Connection servlet also uses the initial commands
This would fix a lot of issues with clients connecting to servers that require OS-specific commands and the like to be issued. One example is AS/400. Sometimes the FTP list name parser can fail because the server uses an unexpected format. If you're using FTPClient directly, you can just issue a "NAMEFMT 0" to fix it. But there's no way to do that right now with the FTP file connectors.