Mirth Connect consists of six related projects: server, donkey, client (Administrator), manager (Server Manager), command (CLI), and webadmin (Web Dashboard). This article describes how to checkout the source for these projects into Eclipse.
- Oracle Java JDK 1.7
- Eclipse IDE for Java Developers
- Subclipse 1.8.x
- Apache Ant 1.8.2 or later (usually included with Eclipse)
- From Eclipse, go to File > New > Other... > SVN > Checkout Projects from SVN.
- Create a new repository location with "https://svn.mirthcorp.com/connect/".
- Select the trunk/server directory and click Finish.
- Repeat the above steps with the client, command, manager, donkey, and webadmin directories under trunk.
- You should now have six separate projects in Eclipse named Client, Command, Manager, Donkey, WebAdmin, and Server. You will notice that several of the projects have build errors. This is because you need to run an initial build that will copy artifacts across projects.
- Open the Ant view (Window -> Show View -> Ant), and drag mirth-build.xml into the view.
Double-click the mirth-connect Ant task to execute the default "build" target.
- When the build completes, refresh and clean the Client, Command, Manager, Donkey, WebAdmin, and Server projects.
- Under the Run button you should have four new run configurations for each project. Select the Mirth Connect Server. Once you see the splash screen appear in your console, you can start the Mirth Connect Client.