web stats
NextGen's aquisation of Mirth - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > General Discussion

Old 09-09-2013, 07:24 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

ITzNybble is on a distinguished road
Default NextGen's aquisation of Mirth

Just wanted to see what others thoughts were on NextGen acquiring Mirth.

My major question would be is Mirth still going to stay as open source, free to use commercially for the current version or any new version (3.0)?

I understand if this is something that cannot be answered. I have quite a few friends who use this product within their companies and just trying to help find an answer.

Thank you,

Last edited by ITzNybble; 09-09-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:29 AM
OBX.2 Kenobi

laidback_01

Pretty sure this is QSI's acquisition of Mirth, and that Mirth and NextGen will be separate entities.

Howver, I too have the same question! I'm a NextGen support user, and to see them acquiring Mirth is quite interesting as they use a lot of the Symphonia (Orion Rhapsody) products in their current setup for interface work. I've used Mirth for SUCH a wide array of utilities, I cannot imagine getting along without it.

Some thoughts from Mirth here would be rather cool

thanks!

Last edited by laidback_01; 09-09-2013 at 07:56 AM. Reason: clarification of a thought.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:17 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

Yes QSI is the parent company you are correct.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:37 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

*Ahem* I am allowed to quote this for you all:

Quote:
Originally Posted by People Above My Pay Grade
Mirth will continue to develop, maintain, and support the Mirth Connect open source community, will operate as a vendor-neutral solution, and will lead the Mirth open source community, continuing the role it plays in powering public and private Health Information Exchanges nationwide and globally. Mirth remains excited about the upcoming open source release of Mirth Connect 3.0.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.

Last edited by narupley; 09-09-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:53 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

ffowler is on a distinguished road

<sigh>. I feel I have lost a good friend.
So I am going to stay confident that the 3.0 GA will soon be released as been quoted many times during the webcasts??/!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Mirth Employee

jacobb is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffowler View Post
<sigh>. I feel I have lost a good friend.
So I am going to stay confident that the 3.0 GA will soon be released as been quoted many times during the webcasts??/!!!
Don't worry, it's coming! We've seen a couple short delays but you can expect it within the coming weeks!! We're very excited about the additional visibility Mirth Connect 3.0 will get because of this acquisition!

Last edited by jacobb; 09-09-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Mirth Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITzNybble View Post
Just wanted to see what others thoughts were on NextGen acquiring Mirth.

My major question would be is Mirth still going to stay as open source, free to use commercially for the current version or any new version (3.0)?

I understand if this is something that cannot be answered. I have quite a few friends who use this product within their companies and just trying to help find an answer.

Thank you,
From the press release:

Quote:
Quality Systems, Inc. will maintain the Mirth brand identity, office, team, and products and will continue to market Mirth's commercial solutions and serve as the hub for the Mirth Connect open-source community. Additionally, Quality Systems, Inc. plans to deliver enhanced value to NextGen Healthcare clients by integrating Mirth's capabilities into the NextGen Healthcare platform.
As the project lead on Mirth Connect I personally don't see any major deviation from our existing roadmap. We are about to release Mirth Connect 3.0, and are already working on Mirth Connect 3.1! Mirth Connect 3.0 will be released in the coming weeks under the same open source license (MPL), and we will continue to provide support and commercial extensions for Mirth Connect.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Mirth Guru

mdehoog is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to mdehoog

well we all are "excited about the upcoming open source release of Mirth Connect 3.0." But what after that!?
Old 09-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Mirth Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdehoog View Post
well we all are "excited about the upcoming open source release of Mirth Connect 3.0." But what after that!?
We're already working on Mirth Connect 3.1, which will be released under the same open source license. There is no change to the open source roadmap. In fact, we already have an internal roadmap toward 4.0. I look forward to the ways in which this acquisition can accelerate Mirth's product roadmap and innovation.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:24 PM
OBX.1 Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobb View Post
We're already working on Mirth Connect 3.1, which will be released under the same open source license. There is no change to the open source roadmap. In fact, we already have an internal roadmap toward 4.0. I look forward to the ways in which this acquisition can accelerate Mirth's product roadmap and innovation.

This is amazing news, I just was wondering. I know that one of the major appeals of Mirth Connect and all of its appliances was the open source idea behind it.

Thank you for the quick responses and cannot wait for 3.0 and 3.1!

Last edited by ITzNybble; 09-10-2013 at 06:14 AM.